Wednesday, December 14, 2011

12/13/2011 ~ My First Bakepops!

79

My bakepop pans arrived!   They're like Bakerella's cakepops but instead of crumbling a baked cake and mixing it with half a tub of icing then forming the balls in your hand,  you doctor a cake mix and bake it in a pan that shapes them into balls for a lighter consistency.
Naptime today was dedicated to my maiden bakepop voyage UNTIL I got a surprise visit by the carpet cleaners. Forgot I made that appointment months ago and bakepops over cooked while I was running around moving furniture out of his way. Since they were not totally charred, I decided to still use some of them to get some practise dipping them into melted candy chocolate to decorate them.  As it turns out, they were a huge hit with my family after all and I must have had a case of "baker is her own worst critic" going on. 

And the best part is that my carpet is FRESH AND CLEAN! 

Sleeping Beauty.  She is 4 days into being fully weaned from nursing so I am letting her fall asleep in front of the tv to distract her from the changes.

Can't believe that the carpet cleaning man woke up this sweetness just 20 minutes into her nap.

Red Velvet bakepops with Chocolate candy coating and Christmas Nonpareils

She really focused on eating the nonpareils off the top

Lily is addicted.  Straight up addicted.

Even Griffin liked it!  And he is not a big dessert guy, he's more of a beef jerky man.

The first bakepops I ever made.  *Sigh*, I love a goal that comes to fruition.

No comments:

Post a Comment