Sunday, October 2, 2011

10/02/2011 ~ Luau Sleepover for Lily's 8th Birthday

7

Historically speaking, I tend to over-invite for birthday parties in fear of no-shows and then we average only one absentee.  The Luau Sleepover of the century included.  When I woke with neck tension and a headache, I was pleased to discover that many of the girls had plans of some sort that prevented them from actually sleeping over so our party numbers were high but our sleepover attendance was doable.  This could have gotten as uncomfortable as Woodstock over here.

As the girls were settling into their sleeping bags and I was popping the popcorn in the kitchen, Lily approached me in the kitchen.  "Mom, this is the best birthday party I ever had in my WHOLE LIFE!"  she quietly said.  We squeezed eachother for a while and I droned on about how much I love her and how proud I am of her.  A few friends looked over and she said "Don't mind us, we're having a 'moment'" ha ha!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment