Tuesday, November 8, 2011

11/7/2011 ~ Downtown Date Day for the Parental Units

43

Yesterday Paul and I had a "date day".  We have a family membership to the Art Gallery of Ontario and this weekend AGO members got free entry into the Royal Ontario Museum so I thought we should spend our day downtown.  At some point during the morning I thought it was a bad idea and perhaps we should stick closer to home, to the kids.  Then I read my horoscope which encouraged me to go with my original idea and break out of my normal routine.  Game on, we headed downtown. 

We saw the Chagall exhibit at the AGO, spent lots of time at the ROM .  We stopped for dessert and lattes, hit up a pizza joint, lounged at a bar for a drink and had a meal as well.  One very EXPENSIVE meal at Ruth's Chris Steak House.  Worth every delectible penny.  When we came home the kids tucked easily into bed, we shared one of the most reconnected poignant conversations during our decade of marriage.  It's amazing what one full child-free day can do for a married couple.  Needless to say, 24 hours later we were back on that gerbil wheel and it felt a little more like every man for himself.  But luckily for us, we snapped a picture of ourselves in our honeymooner / Newlywed splendor.  Fuzzy, poor lighting, bloodshot eyes but pure happiness.
Honeymooner and Newlywed!

No comments:

Post a Comment